Changes

April 16, 2017 Syz 21 Comments


Assalamualaikum and hello! So if you’ve read most of my blog posts, you would know that I like to take long breaks in between some of them, and so this was one of them haha. I’m back and I don’t really know for how long, but let’s hope I’ll actually stick to posting once in a while (although no promises hehe).

I’ve been meaning to write a post on this topic for a while now, but just never got the chance to do it. That and I also think it’s a very emotional topic for me, because out of all the things that I hate, I definitely hate changes. It’s funny because some of the decisions that I’ve made so far requires a lot of changes, and I would just like to share on how I’m coping with it. Before that, my thoughts on changes? It’s tiring, it’s bothersome and it’s hurtful. I don’t know why, but growing up I fear changing, I fear my surroundings would change, the people around me would change etc… Of course that’s exactly what happened, because nothing in life stays the same. When I made the decision to study far from my family, it was not an easy one. Because that would mean a change of environment. But the course that I’m doing is something that I wanted, so even though I hated changes, it does not affect what I want. Alhamdulillah I’ve been coping pretty well up until now, in my previous posts I did mentioned that I had a friend to go through it all with me, but unfortunately, that friend had to make a decision of her own and pursue what she really wants, so we ended up being separated. Although it hurts at first because we had been partners in every single thing that we do, it does get better day by day. That’s the thing, in life there’s nothing we can do except to accept. Honestly, it’s the Qadr of Allah swt. If something is meant to stay, then it’ll stay, if not then know that it was better for you because Allah swt wants nothing but the best for you. I went through many types of changes nowadays, and it’s very overwhelming, but Alhamdulillah I feel like I can manage it. Through changes I feel like the best thing to do is to be very positive, it’s very important actually since you can easily go through an emotional breakdown during these times. I have a very bad habit of looking at good times and thinking that this will change soon, obviously it takes a toll on me and I end up getting upset. Honestly I should take the attitude of enjoying the moments instead, no doubt things will change, but when I look back in the future, I’ll look at it as a blessing, I won’t wish to be stuck in those times again, because I’ll be busy enjoying the time I’m in. That’s what I trying to do now, that’s how I’m coping now. I’m constantly reminding myself that there will be more happy memories that will be made, and I try not to dwell on any of the old ones. Changes is something that we will experience growing up, whether we like it or not. It can be in anything, changes in feelings, changes in relationships, changes in friendships, changes in places and more. I would be lying if I said I liked the changes that were made in my life, but I just learned to accept whatever that happens as it is. Sometimes the changes made in our life can be quite aching, you might not want it, but there’s always a wisdom behind it. I want to learn to appreciate the changes happening around me, because by the end of the day, because of those changes, I am the person I am today. 

21 comments:

  1. Hi.. I had changes too and I understand completely how proud could you be when you manage to cope with it.. hehe.. Well, changing can be a horrifying thing at first but in the end, it could be a meaningful experience, kan..? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam singgah sini lagi.. :)

    btw, jom join GA saya

    http://www.akuseorangtraveler.com/2017/11/give-away-hadiah-misteri-dari-astraveler.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes changes will give us better life..:)..more happy, more free..more positive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all changes for good and some may for bad...

    https://itsthesuraya.blogspot.com/2020/02/notice-changing-blogger-e-mail.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog, and i love you. Keep doing what you do, you amazing person :3

    ReplyDelete